My weblog about all things that interest me (and hopefully you): viruses, programming in general, death & black metal, certain web sites... Well, it could be anything.

Friday, March 25, 2005

Almost holiday

Today is the last day at work before I will go on a holiday to the Czech Republic again. I have met my deadlines, so I've got some time to spend on my weblog. Usually I post here things that are related to security, (anti)virus in specific. Now it's time for a bit informal post so I'll put here some links that I think are interesting and hope you feel the same about it.

Here we go:

The Daily WTF
Sometimes when I look back at old code I wrote, I think I suck at coding, but after a look on this site I feel much better.

Browser Security Test
Nice website that tests for vulnerabilities in your current internet browser. Use this to show your family/friends they should get Mozilla Firefox 1.0.2 to be more secure.

The Rasterbator
Upload your favorite picture here and get it back in rasterized PDF format, so you can have your wall filled with a huge poster of that picture (I didn't mention babes here, did I?)

WinDirStat
A handy little program that shows the usage of your disks in treemap format. Now you finally know where all your free space went to.

Desktop Sidebar
Don't wait for Windows Longhorn (or whatever they are going to call it). You can have the look already using Desktop Sidebar. It's ideal for quick overview of your email, tasks, weather, stock quotes and more.

Southpark Character Creator
How would you (or some friend) look if he was in an episode of South Park? Don't wait any longer, find out now! (Maybe I should transform some Antivirus persons)

TrueCrypt
Make an encrypted volume where you can store your private stuff in. It is also possible to make a hidden encrypted volume in the encrypted volume, in case you are forced to give your password to some authority.

Press Play On Tape
Did you own a Commodore 64? I did, I played games until my wrist hurted like hell. Press Play On Tape is a Commodore 64 revival band, playing well known tunes of the most famous games.

ClientCopia
Ever worked on a helpdesk? Having contact with customers? Were they stupid? Here you can see what horros people experienced dealing with stupid customers (and add your own adventures as well).

AudioScrobbler Browser
Maybe you already knew that you can submit the music you listen to to AudioScrobbler using one of their plugins. It enables you to find people that have the same musical preferences. Using the AudioScrobbler browser you can have a nice graph how artists can be related to eachother. Use it you expand your horizon.

Happy Tree Friends
They are cute, they are cuddly... and they die in the most horrible ways you can (or even can't) imagine. Small flash animations for anyone who got fed up with all the "Powerpuff Girls" like cartoons. Be sure to checkout the Easter Smoochie!

Dragon Optical Illusion
Impress your friends with this very good optical illusion. The dragon will follow your every move, eyeing you suspiciously. Download and print out the sheet, get your glue and scissors and have fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd like to recommend SpaceMonger in stead of windirstat