My weblog about all things that interest me (and hopefully you): viruses, programming in general, death & black metal, certain web sites... Well, it could be anything.

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Back from the dead...

Ok, I'm back from holidays and somehow managed to survive. I've been to the Czech Republic during easter, and where I was (near Brno) it is custom on easter Monday to whip the girls with a "pomlazka", and in return you get an egg and some shot of hard spirit (usually slivovice). Needless to say that I was completely drunk even before noon. I also have been meeting a few of my girlfriends friends and Benny.

My idle time I spent reading "Quicksilver" from Neal Stephenson and I am really impressed about his improvement on writing style since "Snowcrash". He manages to weave fiction and history seamlessly into a huge novel, and I can recommend his books (especially Cryptonomicon and Quicksilver) to anyone that has an interest in how we got into this digital era we now live in. I've put the next parts (The Confusion and System of the World) on my wishlist.

Excerpt from Cryptonomicon
Excerpt from Quicksilver

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool, i didn't know that you were into cyberpunk, the next book i'll read is snowcrash, but the other books you recommend look neat too.

Rajaat said...

I'm not so much into cyberpunk, I think Cryptonomicon and Quicksilver are much more than just cyberpunk. I have "Snowcrash" as mp3 completely, so give me a private mail to rajaat.itookmyprozac@gmail.com if you want to receive it. It's quite good, but not comparable to Cryptonomicon.

Greets,
Rajaat

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the offer, but I prefer to read it in paperform I think. But first I have to finish "Sword of Truth". But well, I'll read cryptonomicon & snowcrash for sure (unless I die accidently)