My weblog about all things that interest me (and hopefully you): viruses, programming in general, death & black metal, certain web sites... Well, it could be anything.

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Thank you, Symantec!

Today one of the workstations at my work got infected with Sober.P. Of course the end user should have known better than opening an email in the english language (not our native language), opening the zip file and running the executable inside it.

But on the other hand, this threat was found yesterday and (for once I have to agree with F-Secure) by the time European workers get back to their offices tomorrow morning, all antivirus programs should already stop it.

We use Symantec Antivirus for Exchange as well as a version running on the workstation, which are up to date and didn't detect it. I am no system administrator and it is not my job to prevent/repair shit like this, but I felt sorry for the person and used HouseCall to remove the infection.

So... thank you Symantec...

NOT!

No comments: